How To Install Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music Player On Android 2.2 Froyo, Android 2.3 Gingerbread
While many are still trying to get hold of Android 2.3 Gingerbread pieces like Gingerbread keyboard, launcher, theme, live wallpaper on their devices, some folks are already busy in bringing in bits of Honeycomb (code name for Android 3.0)! Now a piece of Honeycomb is available in the form of Android 3.0 Music Player APK app.
Here is how you can install Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music Player on your Android 2.2 Froyo/Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Note that before you proceed with the below steps, you need to have your android device rooted.
1. Download Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music Player APK app. (Still under development)
2. Copy the downloaded file “com.google.android.music-1.apk” into external SD card of your android device.
3. On your android device, go to Applications—> Settings –> Applications—> Turn ON “Unknown sources”.
3. Now install any APK installer or File manager. We are using all-in-one file manager “Super Manager” by Gpc. It is available in Android Market for free.
4. Launch Super Manager—> File Explorer—> external_sd
5. Here the Honeycomb APK that your downloaded and copied into external SD card will be listed as “Music”. Tap on it—> Install
6. After installation is complete, launch “Music” and enjoy the all-new Honeycomb music player on your android device.
Note that this app is still under development and hence you may notice speed issues and few bugs. You may go to developer’s thread for downloading the future release versions.
Below is a video of Honeycomb music player in action.