Install Apps On Android By Scanning A Barcode [QR Code Scanner]
For installing apps on your Android, the conventional method is to go to “Market” and search for the App, then download and install it. But Android Market is not the only market for downloading apps. There are many other good android apps markets like Appbrain.com, androlib.com, etc.
These sites including developer sites have Barcode associated with each app and one can download the app by using it. An amazing free app “Barcode Scanner” does all the work for you. For downloading and installing an app, you need to use this app and just scan the barcode associated with app using camera of your android device. Here is how to do it:
1. Tap “Application” from “Home” screen.
2. Go to “Market”.
3. Search for “Barcode Scanner” by ZXing Team and install it.
4. Launch Barcode Scanner. You will be taken to camera viewfinder with a blinking red line at the center.
5. All you need to do now is open the app website from your computer and locate the barcode inside the viewfinder like the one shown in below images.
For example, to install Pulse News Reader for android, scan the barcode given below:
6. You should get the screen as shown below:
7. Tap “Open browser”. You will be directly taken to the market place for downloading it. No hassle of searching the app!