How To Create System Image Backup In Windows 7
Windows 7 has many cool features. One among them is the Backup feature. We have already shown you how to create a system repair disc and how to schedule backup in Windows 7. Now we show you how to take backup of complete system by creating system image that can be used to restore complete system.
By using system image, one can restore their system including Windows 7, settings, files, and programs installed at the time of creating system image. System image is exact copy of the drive that can be used to restore your computer if your hard disk or computer ever stops working.
1. Click Start—> Control Panel –> Back up your computer
2. In left pane of “Backup and Restore” dialog box, click on “Create s system image”.
3. You need to take backup of system image into external hard disk or DVD’s. You can’t take backup to internal hard disk. The external hard disk should be of NTFS file system format. In our scenario, we are using a external hard disk. Click “Next”.
4. Windows will confirm and show you things included in backup. Click “Start Backup”.
Windows will now take backup. Wait till the process is complete.
5. After the process is complete, Windows will recommend you to create system repair disc. Go ahead with the process. This tool is needed for restoring computer using system image that we created earlier. Insert a blank DVD disc and click “Create disc”.
Windows will now create the repair disc. Wait till the process completes.
Finally, label the disc as “Repair disc Windows 7…” as suggested in the popup.
To make a complete system restore, you need to first use repair disc and then use the system image that you backed up earlier to restore your PC. Note that complete system including Windows, files, personal data, will be restored to the backup state. Modified data after creating the backup image will be lost. Hence it’s recommended to schedule backup’s at regular time.