How To Install Cydia Apps Without WiFi Using Cyder
You don’t have a WiFi connection, but want to install Cydia apps. Or even if you had a good Internet connection, you still keep getting the annoying Host not found or Host not reachable errors for Cydia sources whenever you try to download that awesome free Winterboard theme. Well, not to worry. Here is a step by step guide to install Cydia apps offline using Cyder, a free .NET 3.5 application for Windows.
1. Download Cyder 2 and extract the zip file to a folder on your desktop (download link at bottom).
2. Next connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your PC and double click to launch Cyder2.exe file. Let Cyder 2 detect your iDevice and show it in it’s status bar.
3. In the Sources tab, click ‘Get sources from Cydia’. Let Cyder 2 copy the list of sources from your iPhone.
4. Once the list of Sources is added to Cyder 2, click the Start button at the top to download all Sources to your Computer.
5. After all the sources are downloaded, go to the Packages tab. Here you can either browse the Cydia apps by choosing a Source and Section or simply search by keywords.
6. Right click on an app and select ‘Download with dependencies’. Repeat this step for all the apps you want to download and install on your iPod Touch.
7. Next go to the Downloads tab. Select all those who want to install on your iDevice (use CTRL + click for multiple selection) and click ‘Download selected’. Let Cyder 2 download the apps to your Computer; you can see the progress bar indicating the download status.
8. Once the downloads are done, go to the File Manager tab, and select the ‘Cydia AutoInstall’ tab in the right panel. Then right click on all selected apps and choose ‘Copy Selected’ (F3). When asked for confirmation, click Yes. You should see the debian package in the right panel, once the copy is complete.
If you want to avoid this step, then directly choose ‘Copy To…’ and then ‘Cydia AutoInstall’ in Step 7 after the downloads are completed.
That’s it. Now reboot your iPhone or iPod Touch and you should find the app installed. One way to check this open Cydia, go to the ‘Manage’ tab, tap ‘Packages’ and you should find them in the list of installed apps.
An alternative to using Cyder is to preinstall apps while jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad using Sn0wbreeze. Before creating the custom firmware, you can choose to download and add debian packages (Cydia apps).
Mac OS X users, we currently are not aware of any program for you, but will surely cover you when one we get to know one. Till then one way you could pre-install Cydia apps is while you jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad using PwnageTool. This tool lets you download and add debian packages from the Custom Packages –> Custom Apps screen, which are then integrated into the custom built IPSW firmware.