Download Android 2.2.1 For Nexus One And Update Manually
Google’s first foray into mobile handsets, the Nexus One has received an OTA update. If you haven’t got it yet, you can download and manually update your device to Android 2.2.1 (Build Number FRG83). This one however disables one click rooting, so go ahead only if you are not bothered about root access.
Note that this update is for those running stock Android 2.2 Froyo on their Nexus One (Build FRF91), and not for rooted devices with custom ROM.
Disclaimer: This guide is for educational purposes only. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Update Nexus One Manually To Android 2.2.1
1. Download Android 2.2.1 for Nexus One (link at bottom) and rename the file to ‘Update.zip’.
2. Connect your Nexus One to your Computer via USB and mount SD card.
3. Copy Update.zip to the root directory of your microSD card.
4. Turn off your phone and power it back on by holding down the VOLUME DOWN button.
5. After you see the Android on skate screen, scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
6. Upon seeing the symbol ‘/!\’, simultaneously press the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
7. Next select the menu option ‘Apply sdcard:update.zip’.
8. When you see ‘Install from sdcard complete’ message, select ‘reboot system now’.
It may take a while for Android 2.2.1 to be installed on your phone and the reboot to complete.
Download Android 2.2.1 for Nexus One