Download, Install MIUI Custom ROM on HTC Desire S
MIUI ROMs are famous for their new look, new features, and fast operation. These ROMs are actually a translated version of Chinese’s custom ROMs. One of the developers from XDA has come forward with a beta version of MIUI ROM for the HTC Desire S.
Currently, the working features include Phone, Wi-Fi, Backlight, Keyboard, GPS, Data Internet, etc. Features that are not working include Bluetooth, Front Camera, HD Video Recording, Volume keys. Here is how you can install the MIUI ROM on your HTC Desire S.
- HTC Desire S with S-OFF
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download MIUI ROM for HTC Desire S to computer
1. Connect the Desire S to computer and copy the MIUI ROM zip file to the root of the phone’s internal SD card.
2. Boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. In the ClockworkMod Recovery perform ‘Wipe data/factory reset’.
4. Go to ‘Advanced’ and perform ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
6. Select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
7. Select ‘Install zip from SD Card’ > ‘Choose zip from SD card’.
8. Select the MIUI zip file that you copied earlier and proceed with the installation.
9. After the installation is complete, select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
10. Select ‘reboot system now’.
You are done. After the reboot, your Desire S will boot into the MIUI ROM. Head over to the XDA thread for insight into the future versions of the ROM.