Download, Install MIUI FascinateMTD ROM on Samsung Fascinate
The long wait for the Samsung Fascinate users has come to an end now. MIUI custom ROM for Samsung Fascinate is now available for download. The ROM named ‘MIUI FascinateMTD’, developed by an XDA forum member, has many features working, including phone calls, Bluetooth, 3G, WiFi, SMS, Camera, GPS, and Sensors.
Some noted features that are not working are MMS and waking up of phone while in sleep. The ROM is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread platform.
Now that you know details of the ROM, let us help you get it up and running on your Fascinate.
- Rooted Samsung Fascinate. See our guide on rooting the Fascinate
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download MIUI 1.6.24 ROM
- Download MIUI 220.127.116.11 Patch
1. To begin with, connect your Fascinate to computer and copy the downloaded ROM and patch file to the root of the phone’s internal SD Card.
2. Disconnect the USB connection and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. In the ClockworkMod Recovery, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘Cache Partition’.
4. Go to ‘Advanced’ and select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
5. Select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
6. Select ‘Install zip from SD Card’ > ‘Choose zip from SD card’.
7. Select the copied MIUI ROM zip file and proceed with the installation.
8. After the installation is complete, select ‘++++Go Back++++’.
9. Now install the PATCH zip package in a similar way.
10. Finally, select ‘reboot system now’.
You are done with the MIUI ROM installation.
Head over to XDA thread to get complete details of the ROM. Newbies to the MIUI ROM can also check out some videos posted there.