How To Flash Firmware, ROM Using ODIN In Samsung Phones
ODIN is a popular Windows application that can be used to flash firmware or custom ROMs onto android based Samsung Phones. It also comes handy while restoring a bricked device. Here is how you can use ODIN to flash a stock firmware onto Samsung android phones.
For illustration, we will show you how to flash the latest released DL09 OTA update to Samsung Fascinate. In case of owners whose Samsung phone is hardware locked, please do not use Odin.
Disclaimer: As usual, flashing ROM/firmware involve risks. dkszone.net is not responsible if you brick your phone during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Download ODIN to your computer.
2. Download Samsung USB drivers for your Samsung Android device. Alternatively, you can install Kies that is shipped with your device. It will have all the drivers for making USB connection with your PC.
3. Download the Firmware/ROM that you want to flash onto your Samsung device. For instance DL09.
4. Incase you also need PIT file, download it from your source and extract the content.
HOW TO FLASH FIRMWARE USING ODIN
1. Run the ODIN exe file (Odin3_v1.3.exe) that you downloaded to your PC.
2. Switch off your phone and remove battery from it.
3. Plug-in your android device into the USB of computer and boot into Download mode. Most of Samsung devices boot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down key, Home button, and Power button together.
4. Once the phone has booted into Download Mode, check the Odin interface in your computer. You should see one of the boxes turn yellow. This means your phone is recognized. If not, try to boot again into Download mode.
5. Click “PIT” button in the Odin interface and select the PIT file that you downloaded. If you are flashing certain firmware that don’t have PIT file, ignore this step.
6. Click “PDA” button and select the DL09 .tar file that you downloaded.
7. Now you are ready to go. Click “Start” button in Odin Interface.
The flash process will take a while. Be patient. Don’t do anything. If nothing happens even after 7-8 minutes, disconnect USB connection and start again.
After the installation is complete, you should see a “PASS” message in green box of Odin interface. This means you have successfully flashed the firmware/ROM to your Samsung android device.