Nexus One Animated Wallpapers For Motorola Droid With Android 2.1
Google is coming up with it’s own Android based phone. Called Nexus One, this one will be built by HTC and sold online unlocked so that you can choose to use your own carrier. Nexus One which comes with has a built-in feature to set animated wallpaper as your phone’s background. It is now possible to enable this feature on a rooted Motorola Droid with Android 2.1.
If you haven’t already rooted your Motorola Droid phone, check out our article on how to root Motorola Droid phone with Android 2.1.
The DroidForums have given a work around to set animated wallpapers on your rooted Motorola Droid running Android 2.1 ROM.
Disclaimer: Follow the below instructions at your own risk. This may brick your phone and we are not responsible in case of any damage.
Here are the steps:
1. You need to download the following two zip files, one of them being the necessary lib files to enable the feature and the other is a set of animated wallpapers.
2. Unzip these files and copy them to your SD Card. For convenience create two separate folders, say ‘libs’ and the other ‘wallp’ and copy the files to the respective folders.
3. Restart your Droid phone in the recover console.
4. Select mount sub-menu.
5. Mount SDCARD and system
6. Type busybox cp /sdcard/libs/* /system/lib (copying the contents of libs folder to your system’s lib folder)
7. Type busybox cp /sdcard/wallp/* /system/app (copying contents of the wallp folder on your memory card to your system’s app folder)
8. Unmount both sdcard and system.
9. Restart your phone.
You should now be able to set the animated wallpapers as phone background.
In case you don’t have Busybox already installed on your Droid phone, check out the step-by-step instructions on how to install busybox on rooted droid in our previous article.