How To Root Motorola Droid Phone With Android 2.0/2.0.1?
Are you a Motorola Droid User with Verizon as your carrier? A good news for all you Droid users out there. A forum member of AllDroid has provided a hack for rooting Motorola Droid Phone With Android 2.0/2.0.1. The hack will provide direct access to the Android phone’s file system, thus allowing you to install any third party applications such as themes, apps etc similar to what you can do after jailbreaking an iPhone.
The rooting works with both Android 2.0 as well as the latest Android 2.0.1 software update released recently.
How to Root Motorola Droid Phone having Android 2.0/2.0.1?
1. You may want to first update your Droid phone to the latest firmware 2.0.1 (Note that the hack works for both 2.0 and 2.0.1).
2. Download the Droid Root File.
3. Rename the downloaded zip file to update.zip.
4. Move the file to the SD Card memory on your Droid.
5. Switch off the phone’s power.
6. Now Power ON the phone HOLDING the X key.
7. When you see a "/!\" symbol after your phone is powered on, Press VOL+CAMERA keys simultaneously.
8. Follow the instructions on the screen and complete installation of the update.zip file
9. Reboot your Android Phone.
You should now be able to install third party apps on your Droid Phone.