Install Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread On HTC Hero CDMA
The AOSP ROM based on Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread for HTC Hero is now in a good shape with the latest update fixing the Camera problem. Earlier version didn’t have a working Camera. The custom ROM is built from both Android Open Source Project and the CyanogenMod 7 code.
INSTALL ANDROID 2.3.2 CUSTOM ROM ON HTC HERO CDMA
Here is how you can install the AOSP Custom ROM (aospGBMod) based on Android 2.3.2 for HTC Hero CDMA phone. Note that this method is for flashing aospGB ROM from another ROM. Hence, should not be used for Stock ROM.
Disclaimer: Flashing a custom built ROM voids warranty of your android device. dkszone.net is not liable if you brick your phone during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
1. You need to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your HTC Hero. If not, head to our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery in Android.
2. You need to have your HTC Hero CDMA rooted. If not, head to our guide on how to root HTC Hero using Unrevoked.
3. Install ROM Manager App from Android Market. It is available for free.
1. Download aospCMod-20110123-094057-signed.zip onto your computer.
2. Download Google Apps Package. This is optional. Google Apps Package include Google Apps such as YouTube, Gmail, etc.
3. On the phone’s internal SD card, go to /clockworkmod/download/koush.tangtgaming.com/recoveries and rename the old image file named “recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-heroc.img” to “recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-xxx.img”.
4. Download Recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-heroc.img on to your computer and rename it to “recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-heroc.img”.
5. Connect your phone to computer via USB connection. Copy the renamed file in Step 4 to /clockworkmod/download/koush.tangtgaming.com/recoveries on your phone.
6. Copy the downloaded aospCMod ROM and Google Apps Package into the phone’s internal SD card. Copy it as it is at root level.
7. Now open “RomManager” and tap “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery”.
8. Reboot the phone to “Recovery mode”.
9. In the ClockworkMod Recovery, select the option “wipe data/factory reset”–> “wipe cache partition”–> Under Partitions menu in recovery: Format boot–>system–>data–>cache. Under advanced, select “wipe Dalvik Cache”.
10. Now flash the package “aospCMod-20110123-094057-signed.zip”. Then flash “gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip” if needed.
You are done. Enjoy your HTC Hero CDMA on aospGBMod Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread ROM. Head to the developer’s thread to join the discussion and learn more about future updates to the ROM.