Install Android 2.3 Based CyanogenMod 7 RC2 On Motorola Droid
CyanogenMod 7 RC2 is now available for download. The build is based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and can be installed using ClockworkMod recovery. CyanogenMod builds are popular for their increased performance and reliability. Without wasting much time, let us head-over for guide to install CyanogenMod 7 RC2 build on your Motorola Droid.
INSTALL CYANOGENMOD 7 RC2 ON MOTOROLA DROID
Here is a detailed guide on how to install Android 2.3 Gingerbread (CM7 Custom ROM) on Motorola Droid.
Disclaimer: Flashing a custom built ROM voids warranty of your Droid. Proceed at your own risk. We are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
1. Rooted Motorola Droid. Follow our guide on how to root Motorola Droid.
2. ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Go through our guide on installation of ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. To be on safer side, we recommend NANDROID backup of your current ROM.
4. Download CyanogenMod 7 RC2 for Motorola Droid onto you computer.
5. Download Google Apps package (optional).
6. Make sure the phone has sufficient battery power!
1. Connect the Motorola Droid to your computer by USB Cable.
2. Copy the downloaded CyanogenMod 7 zip file (update-cm-7.0.0-RC2-Droid-signed.zip) to root of phone’s internal SD card. Disconnect USB connection after transfer is complete.
3. Launch ROM Manager app on the phone and tap “Reboot into Recovery”.
5. In the ClockworkMod Recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset”. Use volume buttons for navigation and power button for selecting it.
6. Select “Wipe cache partition”.
7. Select “Install zip from sd card” and then choose the “update-cm-7.0.0-RC2-Droid-signed.zip” file.
8. Wait for the process to complete. After the installation is complete, select “+++++Go Back+++++” to go to main menu.
9. Select “Reboot system now”.
Congrats! You have now successfully installed CyanogenMod 7 on your Motorola Droid. If you want, you may flash Google Apps package in the similar way.
If you are having trouble with the above method, you can install CyanogenMod without need of computer, like in case you have Linux or Mac, and not able to connect your phone and transfer the CM7 files.