Install Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread On HTC Desire [Custom ROM]
HTC earlier confirmed that the HTC Desire will get the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update. However, the update will not arrive till the HTC Desire S hits the stores in April this year. That certainly is a long wait for the Desire owners. If you don’t like waiting for the official Gingerbread update to hit your device and wouldn’t mind getting your handy dirty, proceed to install custom Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM.
Developers at XDA forum have come up with a cleanest possible custom Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM for HTC Desire. Named as “Oxygen “, the ROM is built from AOSP with focus on minimal, fast and bug free Android platform.
INSTALL ANDROID 2.3.3 GINGERBREAD ON HTC DESIRE
Disclaimer: As usual, a word of caution before you proceed. Like in all android tweaks and custom flashes, you are voiding warranty of your device. Proceed at your own risk. dkszone.net is not responsible if you get your device bricked or damaged during the process.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to install custom Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread on HTC Desire.
Before heading to flashing instructions make sure you fulfill the following requirements.
1. You need to have your HTC Desire rooted. If you haven’t done it yet, head over to our guide on how to root HTC Desire.
2. Download and install ClockworkMod Recovery from the android market. It is needed to flash the ROM.
4. Download Oxygen ROM (Android 2.3.3) on to your computer.
1. Connect your HTC Desire to computer via USB cable and copy the download Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM to the root of phone’s internal memory. Don’t extract the zip contents.
2. Disconnect the USB cable connection.
3. Reboot the phone into Clockwork Mod Recovery Mode.
4. Perform a Nandroid backup.
5. Wipe the data, cache and Dalvik cache.
6. Use volume button and choose ‘Install zip from sd card’ and then select the copied Zip file.
7. Wait for the installation to finish.
You are done. Enjoy Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread on your HTC Desire.
Head over to developer’s thread for knowing more about future updates and joining the discussion.