How To Install CyanogenMod 7 On Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
Good news for the SE Xperia X1 users. CyanogenMod 7 based on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for Xperia X1 is now available for download. The build is not from the official CyanogenMod team. A developer at XDA has built the CyanogenMod 7 build based on the latest CyanogenMod 7 RC4 base. According to the user reviews the build is quite fast and stable.
CM7 for Xperia X1 also includes a theme manager that lets you customize your X1 easily. What more, the build is fully rooted with Superuser installed. Like in most of CyanogenMod builds, some things like Gmail, Internet Browser, and Market will not work. Since it is a beta build, expect some bugs in it. There seem to be no problem with WiFi and Battery life.
Install CyanogenMod 7 On Xperia X1
Here is how you can install CyanogenMod 7 on Sony Ericsson X1.
1. SD Card with Ext2 partition. Refer this video.
2. Download CyanogenMod 7 for Xperia X1 and unzip the content.
3. Successful USB connection between your Xperia X1 and computer. Refer ADB setup in Windows.
1. Connect the Xperia X1 to computer via USB Cable.
2. Copy all the downloaded files to the root of the phone’s internal SD Card memory in the FAT32 Partition.
3. Open “npkinstall” folder and run the haret executable. Now all the needed files gets copied to the Ext2 partition of the SD card.
4. Phone will automatically reboot.
5. After reboot, browse through the phone’s SD Card on Computer and run the haret executable file located in the root of the phone’s SD Card memory (not the haret in the npkinstall folder that you executed previously).
6. Wait till the installing is completed. Don’t do anything at this point. After installation, your Xperia X1 will automatically reboot and welcomes to the CyanogenMod 7! First reboot will be slow, hence be patient.
Head-over to developer’s thread to learn more about future developments for future version.