How To Install NAND Android ROM On HTC HD2
Finally, Dark Forces Team puts an end to booting process into Android through Windows Mobile 6.5. NAND Android ROM for HTC HD2 is available to download that lets you install Android into phone’s NAND memory. This means you will be wiping out Windows Mobile 6.5 and installing Android in it’s place. This custom NAND Android ROM is developed to resemble close to HTC Desire stock ROM.
FLASH NAND ANDROID ROM IN HTC HD2
So if you have decided to experience Android on your HTC HD2 in-place of Windows Mobile 6.5, go ahead with our step-by-step guide. Before attempting the instructions, you need to be aware of few things about your HD2.
1. You need to have MAGLDR 1.09 or higher installed on your HD2. If you haven’t done it, head to our guide on how to flash MAGLDR on your HTC HD2 and then return here.
2. Your device should have a Radio installed with 576MB RAM. Check our guide on installation of custom Radio ROM on HTC HD2.
Disclaimer: Note that by installing NAND Android ROM and MAGLDR, your device voids warranty. dkszone.net is not liable if you get your device bricked during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Login to your Windows PC with administrator rights.
2. Download NAND Android ROM for HD2 on to your computer and extract it’s content.
3. Power off your HD2.
4. Connect HD2 to your computer via USB Cable.
5. Press and hold the “Power” button until it boots into “MAGLDR Boot Menu Screen”.
6. Now use the “Volume” button and choose the option “USB Flasher” option using “Call” button.
7. Your phone will now go into Android Flasher mode and may install usb drivers if needed.
8. On your PC, open the downloaded and extracted NAND Android ROM folder “DFT_LEO_NAND_Android” and run the executable file “DAF.exe”. If DAF.exe is missing run the file “Install.exe”.
9. Now installation of ROM will start. Wait till it completes.
10. After flashing the NAND Android ROM, your phone will reboot again and boot into “MAGLDR Boot Menu” automatically.
11. Now use “Volume” key and select the option 2 that says “Boot AD NAND” using the “Call” button.
12. Now NAND Android will start. Disconnect the USB connection with computer.
13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup Android on your HD2
You are done. Enjoy Android on your HTC HD2. This version of Android is developed to make the look and feel like HTC Desire Stock ROM. Anytime, you desire to have Windows Mobile 6.5 back on your HTC HD2, flash the stock ROM again. MAGLDR and Android will be removed!