Fix iTunes Errors 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604 Using iREB While Jailbreaking With Sn0wbreeze 2.1
Sn0wbreeze 2.1, which was released recently by iH8sn0w is a Windows port of PwnageTool 4.1. Using either of these tools, you can build custom iOS 4.1 IPSW for your iDevice, thus bypassing baseband upgrade in case of iPhone. A later unlock with Ultrasn0w 1.1-1 is then possible, provided that you have never updated your iPhone to iOS 4.1 directly via iTunes.
Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.1
Sn0wbreeze 2.1 lets you jailbreak iPhone 4 / 3GS (both old and new bootrom) / 3G, iPod Touch 4G / 3G / 2G (MB, MC) , Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.1 and iPad 3.2.2. We have already posted step by step jailbreak guides for iPhone and iPod Touch using Sn0wbreeze 2.1.
Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G iOS 4.1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.1
Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G using Sn0wbreeze 2.1
Bypass iTunes Error 1604, 1603, 1601, 1600
Some of you might be getting iTunes 16xx errors, including 1604, 1603, 1601, 1600 while trying to restore the custom cooked iOS 4.1 firmware using Sn0wbreeze 2.1. iREB has been updated to support iDevices on iOS 4.1.
Here is how you can bypass these errors and make iTunes restore your iDevice to the custom built firmware.
1. Assuming that you have followed all the steps to create custom firmware using Sn0wbreeze. The next step after building custom firmware is to put your iDevice into DFU mode and then restore it via iTunes using the custom cooked IPSW. This is the point when you may come across the 16xx error in iTunes, which does not let you restore.
2. Exit iTunes and start iREB (download link given below). Currently iREB is available only for Windows, but a Mac OSX version is coming out soon. We will keep you posted when it is out.
Avira Antivirus identifies iREB as Malware / Trojan. This is a false positive, and you may want to disable your antivirus program before you run iREB.
3. Click on your iDevice.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
5. Open iTunes, select your device from the left panel, and click SHIFT + Restore button.
6. When iTunes prompts you to select a firmware, select the custom built one and let iTunes complete the restore process.
Download iTunes 10.1
Note that iREB works with iTunes 10 or above.