Jailbreak Apple TV 2G iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Using Seas0nPass [How To]
Seas0nPass is a Mac OS X tool that was initially released to do a tethered jailbreak of Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.2.1. With the release of GreenPois0n RC5 and the subsequent GreenPois0n RC6, a new untethered exploit for iDevices has come to light.
This exploit has later been used in Sn0wbreeze 2.2 and PwnageTool 4.2, both of which are similar to Seas0nPass in that they allow building of custom IPSW firmware to jailbreak iDevices. Now Seas0nPass is updated with this GreenPois0n exploit to give an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 on Apple TV 2G.
Seas0nPass is currently available only for Mac OS X. The Windows version is being finalized with the untether and will be available soon.
How To Jailbreak Apple TV 2G On iOS 4.2.1 Using Seas0nPass
Stuff You Need
Download Seas0nPass. Download and install latest version of iTunes.
All download links at the end of article.
A Micro USB cable for completing the jailbreak.
Steps to jailbreak ATV 2G 4.2.1
1. Unzip Seas0nPass.zip file you downloaded earlier and double click to launch it.
2. Click on ‘Create IPSW’ to start jailbreaking Apple TV 2G.
3. Seas0nPass will download the latest Apple TV firmware and cook custom IPSW firmware to jailbreak ATV 2G untethered on iOS 4.2.1.
4. Next put Apple TV in DFU mode. To do this, connect your Apple TV to your Computer using micro USB cable. Hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons together for about 7 seconds.
5. When your device is in DFU mode, iTunes will automatically recognize it and start to restore your ATV to the custom built firmware.
That’s it. Once iTunes completes the restoration, your ATV 2G is completely jailbroken! You can now go ahead and install jailbreak apps, such as NitoTV on your jailbroken Apple TV.
Download Seas0nPass for Mac OS X (10.6 or later)
Windows version coming soon