Jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.1 [Step By Step Guide]
Sn0wbreeze 2.1 is a port of PwnageTool 4.1 and lets you jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS (both new and old bootrom), 3G, iPod Touch 4, iTouch 3G, ipt 2G (both MB, MC), Apple TV 2G, and also iPad 3.2.2. We have already shown you how to jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 using Limera1n as well as GreenPois0n.
Following our guides to jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G using Sn0wbreeze 2.1, we have put up a guide for iPad 3.2.2.
Jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.1
1. Download iPad 3.2.2 IPSW and Sn0wbreeze 2.1. Download and install and iTunes 10.1. All download links at bottom.
2. Run Sn0wbreeze 2.1 and get past it’s warning and credit screens to the IPSW selection screen.
3. Click ‘Browse’ and select iPad 3.2.2 firmware file you downloaded in Step 1.
4. Let Sn0wbreeze identify the selected IPSW file. Once the verification is done, click Next to continue.
5. In the next screen select ‘Expert Mode’ if you like to install SSH and tweak with the root partition size. Otherwise you can go with the Simple Mode. We have given the steps below for both these modes, so read through the entire article and choose the one that best suits your needs.
6. Select Simple Mode and click Next.
Sn0wbreese 2.1 will right away start building custom IPSW. You can continue with Step 10 of Expert Mode given below.
6. Select Expert Mode and click Next.
7. In the next screen select ‘General’ and click Next. You can select the options to install SSH, change the default root partition size (1024 MB).
8. Click Next to go to the Custom Apps screen. Here you can download or add debian packages from your local hard disk to be installed with the custom build firmware. Click Next to return back to the main screen.
9. Select Build IPSW and click Next.
10. Wait patiently as Sn0wbreeze builds custom iOS 4.1 IPSW. You should see these messages one after the other: extracting IPSW, decrypting RootFS, adding Cydia, Rebuilding RootFS, Patching Ramdisk, Rebuilding RamDisk, and finally creating IPSW.
13. Once the custom firmware is created, Sn0wbreeze will place it on your desktop. You should see the ‘Done’ message.
14. Press the OK button on this screen to follow the onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
15. Connect your iPad to your PC and switch it off (keep holding the POWER button till you see the Slide to Power Off screen. Then slide to power off your device). Click ‘Start’ when you are ready.
Put iPad in DFU Mode
16. Now let us put iPad in DFU mode. Sn0wbreeze 2.1 uses the same code as GreenPois0n to put your device into DFU mode.
A. First hold both the POWER and HOME buttons till a countdown of 10 seconds.
B. Next release the POWER button but keep holding the HOME button for a count down of 30 seconds.
C. Your device should now be in PWNED DFU mode (black screen). When you see the following message, you know you have done everything right! Else start back again with Step A above.
Restore iPad To Custom Built iOS 4.1
17. Now that you have a custom iOS 4.1 IPSW that has everything you need, it’s time to restore your iDevice to this custom built firmware.
Open iTunes, select your iTouch from the left panel. Click SHIFT + Restore button. Then select the custom firmware on your desktop (this should have sn0wbreeze in it’s name) and let iTunes restore your iPad.
That’s it. Once the restoration is done, you will have a fully jailbroken iPad running on 3.2.2 firmware.
Getting iTunes error while restoring the custom built FW? Here is how you can fix iTunes error 16xx (1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, or 1604) using iREB for iOS 4.1.
Note: iREB may be identified as Trojan by some Antivirus programs. So you may want to disable all Antivirus on your PC while using it.
Download iPad 3.2.2 IPSW (iPad1,1_3.2.2_7B500_Restore.ipsw)
Download iTunes 10.1
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.1