Jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 (WiFi, 3G) With GreenPois0n
You can jailbreak iPad 3.2.2, both the WiFi and 3G versions using either Limera1n or GreenPois0n. For the unaware, both these jailbreak tools are based on Geohot’s bootrom exploit which is untethered with Comex’s support. The exploit can also jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G on iOS 4.1. A future release for ipt 2G and Apple TV 2G is expected.
Jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 with Limera1n
Here is how you can jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 using Limera1n. Some users who have not succeeded with Limera1n, go on with the below guide to jailbreak your iPad using GreenPois0n.
Jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 using GreenPois0n
1. Download GreenPois0n jailbreak (currently in RC3 and available for Windows and Linux. A Mac OSX version is expected soon. (All download links at bottom).
2. Power off your iPad and connect it to your Computer via USB cable.
3. Launch GreenPois0n and click ‘Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)’ button.
Let GreenPois0n detect your device.
4. Next follow the onscreen instructions given by GreenPois0n to put your iPad in DFU mode. First press and hold the Sleep button for 2 seconds.
5. CONTINUE holding the Sleep button. Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
6. Now release the Sleep button. But CONTINUE holding the Home button for another 15 seconds.
7. Now you should see the ‘Jailbreak!’ button which means that your device is ready to be jailbroken.
8. Hit the ‘Jailbreak!’ button and let GreenPois0n complete the process by injecting the bootrom exploit.
Do not do anything as long as it shows ‘Jailbreaking…’.
9. Once the jailbreak is done, you should see the inactive button ‘Jailbreak Complete!’. Click on ‘Quit’.
That’s it. After your iPad restarts, you can find the Loader app on your Homescreen. Start this app to install Cydia on your iPad.
Once Cydia is installed you will be asked if you want to remove the Loader from your device. Click ‘Remove’ to remove the Loader. After your iPad restarts, you will find the Cydia icon on your Homescreen. Your iPad WiFi or iPad 3G is now completely jailbroken!
Download GreenPois0n For Windows, Mac OSX, Linux
Download iOS 3.2.2 IPSW For iPad
Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
Follow this step by step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS using GreenPois0n, and also how to unlock iPhone 4 after the jailbreak.
Alternatively you can also use Limera1n to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, iTouch 3G
Here is how you can jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G on iOS 4.1 using GreenPois0n.
Alternatively you can also use Limera1n to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G.