Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 On iOS 4.2.6 With GreenPois0n RC5.4 Windows [How To]
Verizon iPhone 4 users are pretty lucky, they get to jailbreak their iPhone from day one. The Chronic Dev Team which has released untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 in the form of GreenPois0n RC5 has now updated their tool (GreenPois0n RC5 B4) to jailbreak Verizon’s CDMA iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6.
GreenPois0n RC5.4 is available for download for both Mac OS X and Windows users. Linux version is not yet available, but may be released soon. We have already posted a guide on how to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 using GreenPois0n RC5.4 for Mac OS X users.
Here are the steps to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 using the Windows version of GreenPois0n Rc5.4.
1. Download GreenPois0n RC5.4 for Windows and unzip the file. Download link at bottom.
2. Power off your iPhone 4 and connect it to your PC via USB cable and start GreenPois0n.
3. Click on ‘Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)’ button.
4. Now follow the onscreen instructions to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
Get ready to start. Follow the below steps one after the other upon a countdown of 3 seconds.
A. Press and hold the SLEEP button for 2 seconds.
B. Continue holding SLEEP; press and hold HOME button for 10 seconds.
C. Release SLEEP button. Continue holding HOME for 15 seconds.
5. If everything went right, your device should now be in DFU mode. The screen of your device is completely blank in this mode and you should see the ‘Jailbreak’ button on GreenPois0n.
Otherwise repeat steps above by hitting the Retry button.
6. Now click the ‘Jailbreak’ button.
7. Wait patiently as GreenPois0n jailbreaks your iPhone 4. Your device will reboot a couple of times and you should see scrolling lines of code on your device.
The progress bar on GreenPois0n screen goes from start to finish several times during the jailbreak process.
8. When you see the GreenPois0n skeleton as part of the boot animation of your rebooted iPhone 4, you know you now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 4 running on iOS 4.2.6 untethered!
How To Install Cydia After Jailbreaking With GreenPois0n RC5.4
You can install Cydia either via the Loader app that gets added to your Homescreen automatically after jailbreaking, or using Redsn0w 0.9.6b6. Check out our guide on how to install Cydia after jailbreaking with GreenPois0n RC5 for the complete process.
Download GreenPois0n RC5.4 for Windows
Download iOS 4.2.6 for Verizon iPhone 4