How To Manual Upgrade Google Nexus S To Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
The manual update process for Google Nexus S is similar to Android 2.3.3 upgrade for Nexus One published just now. Nexus S users are already on stock Android 2.3.2, hence might not be so eager to manual upgrade unlike Nexus One who were on Froyo for long time! Anyway, OTA update always takes time to hit your device, hence for the impatient, go ahead and follow our update guide.
Here goes guide to manually update your Google Nexus S to official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread firmware.
MANUAL UPDATE SAMSUNG NEXUS S TO ANDROID 2.3.3 GINGERBREAD
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. dkszone.net is not responsible if your device gets bricked during the process. This is manual method only for the experienced. Otherwise, we suggest you to wait for the OTA update to hit your phone.
2. Connect your Nexus S to computer via USB cable.
3. Copy the downloaded file to phone’s internal SD Card at root level. Don’t extract the zip contents or rename it.
4. Power Off your Nexus One and disconnect USB connection to computer.
5. Reboot the phone into Recovery mode. To do it, press and hold “Volume Down” key and “Power” button simultaneously.
6. Once your phone reboots into Recovery mode, use volume button to navigate through “Recovery” and press “Power” button to select it.
7. You will see the “!” symbol. Then hold the “Power” button and then press the “Volume Up” button.
8. In the recovery options, choose ““apply update from /sdcard” option.
9. Select the update file (GRI40-from-GRH78.e0b546c4.zip) on your sdcard and then press the “Power” button to flash it.
10. Wait for the Android 2.3.3 upgrade process to complete.
You need to reboot your Nexus S for the Android 2.3.3 upgrade to take effect. That’s it you have successfully upgraded your Google Nexus S to official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread firmware.