How To Manually Update Motorola Xoom To Android 3.1
Google and Motorola together announced the Android 3.1 Update to the Motorola Xoom 3G Owners. The OTA update will hit your device in a week or two. If you don’t have patience to wait that long, here is a manual way to apply the Android 3.1 update to your Xoom tablet.
Important: Note that this update is currently released only to the Motorola Xoom 3G and NOT the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi only variant.
1. Rooted Motorola Xoom 3G.
2. ADB setup in computer.
3. Download the official Android 3.1 update to computer.
1. Connect the Xoom to computer.
2. Rename the downloaded Android 3.1 zip file to ‘update.zip’. Make sure it is NOT update.zip.zip.
3. Copy the ‘update.zip’ file to the ‘tools’ folder in the Android SDK directory.
4. Launch Command Prompt and run the following commands:
adb push update.zip /sdcard/update.zip
echo ‘–update_package=CACHE:/recovery/update.zip’ > command
cat /sdcard/update.zip > update.zip
5. The Xoom will now boot into Recovery mode and get updated to Android 3.1!