How To Open Windows 7 Theme Pack Wallpapers On Windows Vista, XP, And Linux
Windows 7 desktop themepacks (*.themapack) are very popular among Windows 7 users. Microsoft has been frequently releasing Windows 7 Themes and if you are tracking this blog, you might already be downloading and installing many of them on your Windows 7 PC. If not, go ahead, browse through and download from hundreds of Windows 7 themes.
There are plenty of Non-Windows 7 users such as Windows Vista, XP and Linux. Should they miss the beautiful wallpapers? For all those who cannot use Windows 7 Theme Pack on their PC, here is an alternative. You can extract all wallpapers and files from the themepack archive. Here is how you can do it.
1. Lets start with a Windows 7 Theme Pack. For instance download Fireworks.themepack
2. Download and install file compression utility such as 7-Zip. 7-Zip is a free open source software for Windows and Linux platforms.
3. Right-click on the downloaded Windows 7 Theme Pack –> 7-Zip –> Extract to..
4. Open the extracted content. You will two items in it including folder “DesktopBackground” and “.theme” file.
5. Open “DesktopBackground” folder. Here you can find all the wallpapers of the theme pack.