How To Root Dell Streak 7 Using SuperOneClick
Android devices with larger screens are hot in the wild. Dell’s Streak 7 is a latest one that has caught attention of many android users. The Android 2.2 based 4G tablet comes with a vibrant 7-inch multi-touch display and probably a great device for experiencing Android 3.0 Honeycomb. We should soon see ported version for this one too like the Android 3.0 for NookColor.
Anyway, as of now many are successful in rooting Dell Streak 7 using the popular one-click rooting tool “SuperOneClick”.
ONE-CLICK ROOT DELL STREAK 7
Here is a guide on how to root Dell Streak 7 using SuperOneClick tool.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We are not liable if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
1. You need to have working USB connection between your Dell Streak 7 and computer. You may install the drivers CD that came along with your Streak 7 for a successful USB connection. If you don’t have one, you can head to our guide on how to setup ADB in Windows.
2. Download “SuperOneClick.zip” on to your computer and extract it’s contents.
1. Put your Dell Streak 7 into USB Debugging Mode. You can do it by going to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> check the box “USB debugging”.
2. Now connect the Dell Streak to your computer using USB Cable.
3. Open the download the extracted folder content “SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse” and run the executable “SuperOneClick.exe”.
4. Click on “Root” button in the SuperOneClick interface.
In few moments your Dell Streak 7 should get rooted! You may now go ahead and install apps that require root access to work.