How To Root HTC Tattoo [Step-By-Step Guide]
HTC Tattoo can be rooted by using a small utility that allows you to rewrite system partitions with image data. Once you are rooted, you can flash ClockworkMod Recovery and install CyanogenMod 7 on your Tattoo that is based on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread! Without wasting much time, lets directly jump over to guide on how to root HTC Tattoo.
ROOT HTC TATTOO
Disclaimer: Rooting your HTC Tattoo voids warranty. Proceed at your own risk. We are not responsible of your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
1. ADB Setup on your computer.
2. Download rooting file m7 on to your computer and extract it’s contents.
3. Download su on to your computer and extract it’s contents.
1. Put your HTC Tattoo into USB Debugging mode. To do it, go to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> and check the box “USB debugging”.
2. Copy or move the m7 and su files that you downloaded into the “platform-tools” folder within the Android SDK folder.
3. Connect your Tattoo to computer via USB cable.
4. On the computer, launch “Command Prompt” and run the following commands one at a time.
adb shell “mkdir /data/local/bin”
(If you get error, the directory already exists, move on with the following commands)
adb push m7 /data/local/bin/
chmod 755 m7
while ./m7 ; do : ; done
5. Wait till you get # at the command prompt.
6. Then run the following commands:
7. You should see message resembling this one “uid=0(root) gid=1000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet). uid=0(root) “. You have now successfully rooted the Tattoo temporarily. To make it permanent proceed and run the following commands:
(ADB will now exit. Don’t kill the Command Prompt..)
8. Run the following commands one at a time:
adb push su /data/local/bin/
chmod 755 su
while ‘true’ ; do ./m7 ; done
chown root.root su
chmod 4755 su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock5 /data
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
Congrats! You have successfully rooted the HTC Tattoo. You may now install “Superuser” app from Android Market.