How To Root Samsung Acclaim On Android 2.2 Froyo
Rooting android devices got a lot easier due to one-click rooting tools. But having said that, there is one device that refuses to get rooted using these one-click rooting tools! Well, there is a way for everything. Samsung Acclaim can be rooted. The method is not a easy one though. It involves lot of command line usage.
ROOT SAMSUNG ACCLAIM ON ANDROID 2.2 FROYO
Here is how you can root Samsung Acclaim running Android 2.2 Stock ROM.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
1. Create a new folder directly on C: Drive with name “downloads”. [C: \downloads\]
2. Download the following 4 files into the newly created “downloads” folder on C drive.
3. You need a working ADB on your computer. If you haven’t done it yet, head over to our guide on how to setup ADB in Windows.
1. Put your Samsung Acclaim into “USB Debugging Mode”. To do it, go to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> and check the box “USB debugging”.
2. Connect your Samsung Acclaim to the computer using USB Cable.
3. Open ADB terminal and push the downloaded files to phone’s memory by using following commands:
adb push c:\downloads\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
adb push c:\downloads\joeykrim-root.sh /sdcard/joeykrim-root.sh
adb push c:\downloads\jk-su /sdcard/jk-su
adb push c:\downloads\playlogo /sdcard/playlogo
4. Now exploit for Temporary Root begins…
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
5. You will now be out of ADB shell. Launch ADB again. You should now get # instead of $. If you are seeing $ again, run the temporary root again (step 4). It may take multiple exploits for finishing the temporary root. Run the temporary exploit till you see #.
6. Once you have #, run the following commands:
mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system
cat /sdcard/joeykrim-root.sh > /system/bin/joeykrim-root.sh
cat /sdcard/jk-su > /system/bin/jk-su
mv /system/bin/playlogo /system/bin/playlogo-orig
cat /sdcard/playlogo > /system/bin/playlogo
chmod 755 /system/bin/playlogo
chmod 755 /system/bin/joeykrim-root.sh
7. Reboot the phone.
8. Run the adb shell again.
9. The prompt should now be #, if not ,run su for changing it from $ to #.
You are done. Your Samsung Acclaim should be rooted now. Note that this method doesn’t automatically install “Superuser”. You may install it from Android market for free.