How To Root Samsung Epic 4G On Android 2.2.1 Froyo (EB13)
We have already shown you how to root Samsung Epic 4G on Android 2.1 Eclair stock ROM. The official Android 2.2.1 Froyo update (EB13) that was recently pushed in by Samsung blocked the root exploit as in case with almost all updates. So here goes guide on how to root Samsung Epic 4G running stock Android 2.2 Froyo (EB13) ROM.
ROOT SAMSUNG EPIC 4G ON FROYO (EB13)
Disclaimer: As in case with all android mods, proceed at your own risk. dkszone.net is not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
1. You need to have working USB connection between your computer and Samsung Epic 4G. If you still don’t have the setup, you can setup ADB on Windows. Alternatively, you can install Samsung Kies on your computer that will also install proper drivers on your computer for a successful USB connection.
Other option to setup drivers on your Windows computer is to download the following Drivers package and run the setup file included in it. Make sure you download the driver package for your version of Windows.
2. Download one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5.zip on to your computer and extract it’s contents.
1. Put your Samsung Epic 4G into “USB Debugging Mode”. To do it, go to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> and check the box “USB debugging”.
2. Now connect the Samsung Epic 4G to your computer via USB connection.
3. Open the download and extracted “one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5” folder that you did in the prerequisites.
4. Run the “run.bat” file.
Your Samsung Epic 4G should get rooted in few seconds.
If the command prompt asks you to restart adb, you need to go into Windows Task Manager and end adb in the process tab, then run the “adb.exe” located in the “one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5” folder.
If the command prompt says “device not connected”, disconnect the phone and reboot it, turn debugging mode back on, reconnect the phone via USB, and rerun the “run.bat” file again. If you’re still getting “device not connected”, try repeating these steps one at a time or in a different order, for example just kill adb.exe and rerun “run.bat” or only reboot the phone and then run the “run.bat” again.