How To Root Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY On Gingerbread
It is not too long since the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY is released to retail stores, and already folks at XDA has come up with the simplest rooting procedure. Yes, you heard it right. You can now root your Xperia Play so that you can install certain useful apps that need root access to function. Thanks to user Bin4ry for getting the root procedure.
The root method actually flashes a rooted Gingerbread firmware of the Xperia Play. Let us straight away take you to the steps for rooting the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.
1. Make sure you unlock the bootloader of the Xperia Play. Follow our earlier publish for more details on unlocking the Bootloader by official way.
2. Download R800i WORLD .184 (play_modded.img) on to your computer.
3. You should have the ADB setup on your computer. (this is taken care already if you have unlocked the bootloader!).
1. On your computer launch the “Command Prompt” or the “Terminal” incase of Mac OSX or Linux.
2. Copy the download (play_modded.img) image file to the fastboot directory in the ADB setup.
3. Run the following command:
fastboot flash system play_modded.img
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash system play_modded.img
fastboot-mac -i 0x0fce flash system play_modded.img
4. Wait for the process to complete.
After the process is complete, your Xperia Play will reboot automatically, rooted! It should also install the Superuser app for managing the root permissions.