How To Root Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 And X10 Mini
Recently, Sony Ericsson released a patch for Xperia X10 that blocked most of rooting apps. And as usual developers jump into action releasing new rooting tools. Thankfully, there is already a working one-click root tool for Xperia X10 and X10 Mini. Here is how you can root Xperia X10.
1. Windows users need to have .NET Framework v2.0 or above installed on their computer.
2. Linux and Mac Users need to have Mono installed.
XPERIA X10 ONE-CLICK ROOT ACCESS
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We are not liable if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
1. Download SuperOneClick (V1.5.5) on to your computer and extract it’s content.
2. Put your Xperia X10 into USB debugging mode. To do that, go to “Applications” –> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” and check the USB debugging mode ON.
3. Connect Xperia X10 to your computer via USB connection.
4. Open the extract content in step 1 and run the “SuperOneClick.exe” file.
5. Click “Root” button in the SuperOneClick interface.
That’s it. In few seconds your Xperia X10 should get rooted. Your phone may reboot automatically after the process. If not, you can reboot manually.
After the reboot, you should see a new icon “Superuser” in the X10. That means your Xperia X10 is rooted. Using SuperOneClick you can also unroot, Shell Root, and allow installation of Non-Market Apps. Everything needs just a single-click.Note that SuperOneClick can also root many other android phones including Nexus One, Galaxy S, Captivate, and Vibrant.