How to Unlock iPhone 4S on AT&T without Jailbreaking
iPhone 4S does not have a jailbreak yet, but a developer has successfully unlocked this latest device from Apple. And the surprise is that this unlock method is so simple, it does not require any kind of software or hardware tweaks.
iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS have been unlocked using Ultrasn0w, after jailbreaking. Other methods for unlocking include the Gevey SIM unlock, which requires you to insert a TurboSIM which acts as a SIM interposer.
A developer by the name Michael Capozzi has discovered a method that works only for AT&T models of iPhone 4S. Below are the steps on how to unlock your iPhone 4S on AT&T and use it on T-Mobile.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We have not tested this method, and so cannot guarantee success. Also, we are not responsible for any damages caused to your device during unlocking.
Unlock iPhone 4S on AT&T
1. Insert AT&T SIM card in your iPhone 4S.
2. Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call immediately.
3. Next, turn on Airplane Mode from the Settings menu.
4. Remove the AT&T SIM card and insert T-Mobile SIM card
5. Turn off WiFi. Also, make sure that the phone does not connect automatically to any networks by tapping on ‘Forget this Network’ for your default WiFi network.
6. Now turn OFF Airplane Mode.
7. Your iPhone 4S will start searching for a network, followed by the Apple splash screen, later followed by the ‘Activation Required’ screen.
8. Let EDGE network activate automatically. You should see the ‘E’ on the top left corner of your iPhone 4S screen.
9. Wait for 20 seconds and turn off the phone.
10. Switch your phone back again. You should see the ‘Activation Required’ screen once again.
11. When you see one signal bar, tap on ‘Use Cellular Connection’.
12. Eject SIM card, following which the ‘Activation Required’ screen is displayed for the second time.
13. Insert back the SIM card.
14. That’s it. Your iPhone 4S should now be unlocked!
Strange as the steps may seem, they seem to be working fine. So go ahead and give them a try, if you like to use your iPhone 4S on T-Mobile network.
iPhone 4S users may be already aware that currently, there is no jailbreak for their device. Though a successful jailbreak has been demoed on video, a public release is still far away.