How To Unlock Nexus S Bootloader On Android 2.3 Gingerbread
It has been just few hours since the Nexus S has hit the stores, and it’s bootloader has already been unlocked. For the beginners, unlocking bootloader allows one to go into custom recovery mode by means of which one can install custom ROMs. Note that unlocking bootloader will perform a factory reset.
Here are the steps to unlock Bootloader of Nexus S on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
1. Get ready with Android 2.3 SDK with fastboost on your PC or Mac.
2. Power off your Nexus S.
3. Press and hold Volume Up key and power up key. This process will load Bootloader of device. The device will be recovery mode.
4. Open command prompt (for Windows), the terminal (for Mac).
5. Type ‘adb reboot bootloader’.
6. Type ‘fastboot oem unlock’.
7. Use volume keys and select ‘yes, unlock bootloader’.
That’s it. You have successfully unlocked bootloader of your Nexus S device. Now your device is ready for custom built ROMs such as Cyanogenmod, etc.