How To Upgrade HTC Desire On U.S. Cellular To Official Android 2.2 Froyo
Today, U.S. Cellular has pushed in Android 2.2 Update for HTC Desire users. This is an important update and brings in lots of new features for your HTC Desire. Here is how you can update your HTC Desire on U.S. Cellular to official Android 2.2 Froyo update.
This official update can only be done using Windows based computer. Mac users need to go to retail U.S. Cellular outlets for getting their HTC Desire updated to official Android 2.2. Click here to find a store near your area.
OFFICIAL ANDROID 2.2 UPDATE FOR HTC DESIRE (2.11.573.0)
1. Note that after you upgrade, you will lose all contacts, email, apps, etc that are stored in the phone memory. Other things in the external SD card will remain safe. Hence we recommend you to first download and install HTC Sync on your computer and backup all contacts, email etc to your computer.
2. Download Froyo Update Software 2.11.573.0 on to your computer.
After syncing all data, proceed with the below instructions to update your HTC Desire to official Android 2.2 update.
1. After you completed the prerequisite above, connect your HTC Desire to the computer via USB Cable.
2. Now your device will show 4 options. Choose “Disk drive – Mount as disk drive” option and tap “Done”.
3. Now double-click on the download Froyo update executable file “Desire_froyo_2.11.573.exe” and install it.
4. Then launch “HTC ROM Utility” from the programs.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions..
6. Click “Update”.
7. Wait till the process completes. Don’t do anything while ROM is being flashed. Else your device may get permanently damaged (bricked).
After flashing ROM, your HTC Desire will automatically reboot.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your HTC Desire to Official Android 2.2 Froyo update.
You may probably want to root HTC Desire after the upgrade.