Verizon Samsung Fascinate Gets Android 2.2 Froyo Update
Celebration time for Fascinate Owners! Finally, after ages of waiting, Verizon Wireless and Samsung has announced the official Android 2.2 Froyo update to the Samsung Fascinate. Remember that Samsung Fascinate is Galaxy S version for Verizon Wireless in US. It can be recalled that the Fascinate was launched with Android 2.1 Éclair and it went this long for the Froyo treat, when some parts of European market has already tasted Gingerbread on Galaxy S.
The Android 2.2 Froyo update with the software version i500.ED01 will be over-the-air and should hit your device in couple of days. You will get a notification of the update on your Fascinate as it reaches you. All you need to do is accept the update and proceed with the upgrade.
If you believe that for some reason your device is not showing the notification, you can force check the update. Follow these steps:
Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 Froyo Update (i500.ED01)
1. On your Fascinate, go to “Home” screen.
2. Tap “Menu”.
3. Tap “Settings”.
4. Select “About Phone”.
5. Tap “System Updates”—> “Check New”.
Proceed with the installation. After the installation is complete, the Fascinate will automatically reboot into Android 2.2 Froyo.
What’s New in i500.ED01 Froyo Update
- Android 2.2 Froyo Android Platform
- Adobe Flash 10.1 Support
- Enhanced Browser Performance
- Bing Voice Search enabled
- New features in Email and Messaging include moving messages between folders and easily delete all messages in Trash and Sent items folder without need of closing the app.
- Turning on the backlight when the phone is mounted in the car dock will no longer automatically activate the speakerphone.
- When connected to a Bluetooth device, pressing the speaker button will properly activate the speakerphone.
- Color scheme enhanced for better readability in Calendar
- V CAST Apps and Samsung Media hub comes pre-loaded
- Automatic app updates from Android Market.